Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Clinical Nurse Specialist to work in Clinical Education at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist \(CNS\) functions in collaboration with and acts as a liaison between service directors and managers across the whole Swedish System for the emergency patient population\.
In this position you will:
- Develop and implement system wide standards of practice, including policies, protocols and procedures
- Develop, maintain and advance the clinical competency of the nursing staff; as well as work/process flow analysis and improvements
- Articulate and demonstrate nursing practice that incorporates current emergency nursing standards; regulatory requirements, best practices; an interdisciplinary framework; outcomes from nursing and healthcare research; changes in healthcare that impact patient care delivery; and advances in technology that support efficient and effective patient care
- Be an advisor for program development and strategic planning
- Collaborate with other clinical nurse specialists and the clinical education staffto ensure that the nursing staff has the knowledge and the skills to provide excellent nursing care that achieves high quality clinical outcomes, is cost effective, and is responsive to patient/family expectations
- System wide responsibility; CNS staff are required to have transportation to be available at all Swedish Medical Center locations as needed
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree with a focus in emergency or critical care nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- Washington State Registered Nurse or RN Temporary Practice Permit
- Valid driver's license and possession of the minimum \(or greater\) insurance coverage as mandated by the state of Washington
- Recent experience in emergency nursing
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certification in specialty
About Swedish Shared Services:
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus\. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group's network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle\.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Advance Practice Nursing / Clinical Nurse Specialist
Req ID: 150940