ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Hours: Evening and weekend hours (Friday evening/Saturday day hours)
Full Time / Part Time: Pool/As Needed - no Benefits
The role of Childbirth Educator for ProHealth Care is an exciting opportunity to work with families as they embark on the journey of parenthood. In this role the Educator will be responsible for teaching a variety of classes including preparing for childbirth, breastfeeding with success, grand parenting 101, and sibling class. Classes are scheduled in the evenings and some Saturdays. Prior experience teaching childbirth education classes or experience in labor and delivery required. RN preferred; Childbirth Educator certification required within 1 year of hire.
- Organizes and presents classes to include current information and maintains knowledge through attendance at educator meetings, reading literature, attending in services and continuing education and reviewing policies.
- Participates in peer review process.
- Participates in the WMH risk management process maintaining safe environment
- Role models use of Just Culture in conflict resolution in fostering an environment conducive to team building.
- Participates in self-scheduling process
- Adheres to organizational practices related to confidentiality
- Abides by organizational policies and procedures.
- CPR (bi-annual)
- CBE (annual)
- Curriculum modification (annual)
- Customer service (annual)
- Provides education based on age and culture-specific needs
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.